Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Great Spring Pumpkin Fest

It is April. 

I absolutely should not have been baking pumpkin bread. 

But, it was raining and/or snowing for most of the day yesterday and I had a can of pumpkin in the cabinet that I didn’t want to unpack in New York.  So, I figured, if life was going to give me pumpkin weather, I might as well make pumpkin bread.

Conveniently, we had a few extra kids in our homeschool for the morning to help eat this novel spring snack.


They were excited when I turned the loaves onto the breadboard.


It took them about five minutes to reduce both loaves to this:


Within fifteen minutes, the evidence of October food in April was virtually obliterated. 

I got one slice.

It was delicious and I would share more but I cannot post a pumpkin recipe at this time of year.  Some things just should not be done.

1 comment: