Sunday, April 17, 2011

Victorian Tea - Tour of Tables


As I mentioned in my last post, our church has a Victorian Tea each spring.  I was on the kitchen staff which meant I had the chance early Saturday morning to see all of the beautiful tables that had been set up by the hostesses the prior evening.  I decided to take pictures.  Some of them are missing centerpieces that probably arrived later in the day while I was busy with food, but they were still beautiful.  I’d love to hear which ones were your favorites if you care to comment!
 
We’ll start with the first table I photographed, which was also probably my favorite.  I love the colors and theme. The tea pot is an Appaloosa horse, which is named for the area where we currently live - The Palouse.


Here's the table that was set by Shelley who did a marvelous job of coordinating the whole event.  I love the colors and the fun bottles of old-fashioned soda she set out for her ladies.


Here you see beautiful soothing colors from our very-gifted Children's Ministry coordinator. 


Fun bright colors from one of our most dedicated youth workers who just had a precious new baby.


I love the feminine feel and colors of this classy table.


This one had gorgeous china and napkin rings with a cute tea-cozy from The Empress Hotel in Victoria, BC if I'm not missing my guess? 


What fun colors with the classic vintage glassware on this beauty.


Serene colors and a very dignified arrangement for this lovely table.  Photography falls a little short on this one.


I'm a sucker for blue and yellow, so this was one of my favorite tables.  I loved the lemon drops and little packages.  (I would like to know what was in them but I resisted the urge to sneak a peak in the empty room on Saturday morning.)



More fun and festive colors from a very fun hostess.  I wanted to sneak some of those malted eggs.  Good thing she had them tied up in such cute bundles.

This table was done by our middle-school girls with the help of my delightful neighbor.  It had a gummy theme, with gummy worms and bears.  Adorable!!



The high school girls,with the help of our youth pastor's wife,decorated their entire table with duct tape.  The flowers for the centerpiece were even made of duct tape.  It was really cool.



By contrast, this table was very classy with it's formal setting and lovely gold utensils and chargers.


This table was almost as striking as the beautiful hostess. Her husband helped her set it and the red was gorgeous.



Here's another fun one that really fit the vivacious personality of the hostess.



This elegant table was set by our pastor's sweet wife.  I love that her daughter's places were set with extra special care. 


This table was simply gorgeous and so well appointed.



This table was by our International Pastor's wife.  She is the nicest lady you could ever meet.  Her centerpiece was pictured at the top of this post.  Check out the dishes and tea pot.


This table was set by one of my other neighbors.  I love Fiesta ware and the colors on this pretty table were so vibrant!  I couldn't resist taking an extra picture of the place set for her daughter.



The last table I photographed had one of my favorite centerpieces.  I like the combination of deep colors and spring flowers - very fitting for the spring we're having on The Palouse.



And, while we're on the topic of centerpieces, I might as well show you the centerpiece of the event.  The speaker, who also happens to be our church office administrator.  She came in singing a hilarious song about motherhood to the tune of the William Tell Overture.  We got to hear her practice on Friday, but I didn't hear her speak on Saturday, because I was in the kitchen.  I'm sure it was good.  You can vote for her as a favorite centerpiece in the comments if you'd like.



Thanks to Shelley and all of the hostesses for such an extravaganza of eye candy!

If you'd like a behind the scene's look at the kitchen go to the prior post.

1 comment:

  1. They are all so lovely. They bring me joy just looking at them. Maria's and Laurie Zeller's appeal to the frilly-feminine tea party part of me. Malaika's appeals to my simple but elegant red preference (my favorite color). And Joan's table fits my stately, elegant side (don't laugh), very classy. Just can't pick one.

    Good job on the pictures. Thanks for sharing.
    Ladies, amazing job on the tables!

    ReplyDelete