Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lunch-a-Dilla - “Not a PBJ #1”

Lunch again? How can it be?
The boys are staring holes in me!

Swiftly I grab for P.B.J.
And, hear them say, “Please, not today!”

I rack my brain for lunch ideas
Alas, I hit on quesadillas!


The boys are homeschooled, which means they’re at my mercy for weekday lunches.  They think that’s a good thing, only because I tell sad tales about sack lunches in lockers and I’m not above crafting horror stories of cafeteria food while I’m presenting them with yet another… PBJ. 

But, my guys have had it up to their eyeballs with peanut butter and jam!

So, I’m trying to be more creative.  They think if I post lunches on this blog I will wow them with variety.   Maybe they’re right.  We’ll see how high the numbers go in the “Not a PBJ” series.   If you’re actually reading this, keep in mind that I’m in the market for ideas and feel free to comment!

These are no culinary masterpieces – not really even deserving of a name, much less a corny poem, but at least they aren’t PBJ-s.  

Ingredients: Tortillas, shredded cheese and chopped chicken (left over from the two rotisserie chickens that ended up in pot pie and enchiladas)



Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.  Cut into wedges with a pizza cutter.  Serve with salsa and/or sour cream. 



Satisfied Customer


2 comments:

  1. I can't give you a single idea - I have none. But Kaitlyn, on the other hand, has quite a long list of delectable, easy lunch ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear from Miss Kaitlyn! In fact, why don't you send her over at noon on weekdays and she can be the day-time blog star!

    ReplyDelete