Sunday, April 3, 2011

How I Named this Blog.

cat·walk n.
1. a narrow ramp extending from the stage into the audience .., esp as used by models in a fashion show
2. a narrow, often elevated walkway, as on the sides of a bridge or in the flies above a theater stage, etc.

I like alliterations.  (You know:  words that start with the same sound.)  So, I got “catwalk” in my head when I was trying to think of a name for a cookie blog.  It seemed like if I was parading food for photos on the elevated surface that surrounds my kitchen the definition fit pretty well.  The blog moved beyond cookies in my brain before I even started but “kitchen” worked too.  Whew!  (I also like rhymes.)


This is sort of what I was picturing - cookie dough balls strutting their stuff.

Conveniently, the word “CORNY” also fits with the title as well as it does with the whole blog!

1 comment:

  1. Uh huh....and just why are your artistic talents just now making their appearance? Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete